I’ve never had trouble eating leftovers. I don’t just tolerate it, I kind of love it! I know an alarming amount of people who don’t dig leftover food, so I’m here to convince you to get into it.
Why You Should Love Leftovers
- You get to eat a delicious meal all over again the next day.
- While your coworkers are paying $7 for a crappy sandwich, you brought in last night’s fancy dinner for lunch.
- You stretch your dollar and save money in the long run.
- Some things taste even better the next day.
- You’re not pressured to eat the whole thing if you’re full.
- You can feel good about not wasting food.
- When you have a meal waiting for you in the fridge or freezer, you have no excuse to buy fast food because you don’t feel like cooking.
- You can have fun turning your leftovers into something else! (see next list)
What To Do With Leftovers
- Eat it as is. Bring it back to life with a microwave, oven, or toaster.
- Put it in an omelette or frittata. Or just top with a fried egg.
- Put it in a taco or a burrito.
- Make a sandwich.
- Make soup with it.
- Serve it over pasta.
- Put it in the freezer (if it freezes well) so you have a back up plan when there’s no food in the house.
Do you like leftovers? What do you do with them?